Our next game is in early pre-production so there's some flexibility with the hiring date. If you can start now, great, but for the right person we'd be open to easing in with part-time or remote work if that helps.
Animation is a key part of this game so you'll be coming on very early in development to help us explore fundamental questions about how our game will move and work and feel. Initially you'll be animating lots of offline previz for characters, cameras and background movement to flesh out a direction and ultimately establish a target look. You'll also be collaborating with our animation programmer to design and test out the custom animation tools and runtime we're building for this game.
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You're interested in how animals move. Hopefully you've got a reel with at least a few non-human characters, ideally some with wings.
- You're interested in movement of all kinds, not just traditional characters. Fantasia is one of our key references so expect to animate some unusual things. Like an egret landing on a powerline, or a psychedelic explosion of jellyfish, or a ballet performed by eclairs. You should have an interest in exploring beautiful motion wherever you can find it and a desire to try things you've never seen before.
- You're experienced enough with game animation to be able to clearly articulate what's important to you in an animation pipeline and can work with our programmers to help build it.
- You're technical enough that you know (or want to learn) basic Maya scripting and how to get your work in engine. The more self-sufficient you are the more empowered you'll be to create your own strange and incredible prototypes that the rest of us could never have imagined.
- The thought of spending most of your time on non-human, non-bipedal characters is appealing, as is the chance to be part of a relatively small team (between 5 - 15 people, depending on the phase of production).
If that sounds like you, contact us. Please include a link to your reel and a short description of a memorable experience you've had with a wild animal.